- Banking & Corporate Finance
- Corporate and Business
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Commercial Leasing
- Land Use and Development
- Acquisition and disposition of all real estate assets including raw land, commercial, retail, office, industrial, master-planned residential, mixed-use, hotel, resort, multifamily and golf course projects. Representative transactions include the acquisition of the Doubletree Alana Waikiki Hotel; the acquisition of the Foremost Dairies–Hawai`i manufacturing and distribution business and assets.
- Retail, office and industrial leasing including structuring, negotiating and documenting all types of leases. Representative clients include the owners of the City Financial Tower and Alii Place class A office buildings.
- Initial structuring and closing of financing transactions, loan administration, workouts and loan restructures. Representative transactions include representing a Japanese lender in the disposition of loans relating to the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel, the Ala Moana Hotel and the Aloha Tower Marketplace; reprensenting an out-of-state lender in the initial loan and restructure of a loan to acquire cemeteries and funeral homes in Hawai`i.
- Structuring, negotiating and implementing limited liability company agreements, partnership agreements and other entity documents.
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the District of Hawai`i
- California (inactive)
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, San Francisco (J.D.)
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles (B.A. magna cum laude)