Glenn helps clients efficiently identify issues, find answers, and take action.
Glenn was drafting motions for a jury trial in his first days of practice, and he has been litigating ever since. His practice focuses on resolution of civil and complex disputes, especially those involving computer systems, electronic evidence, and technology. Glenn consults regarding litigation preparedness, cyber-issues and speaks on electronic discovery. He writes and speaks Japanese, and helps Japan clients with disputes, business issues, real property and other transactions.
Glenn has his J.D., cum laude, from the William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawai`i, where he served as Production Editor for the Law Review.
- Class Actions
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate
- Successfully represented a franchisee in an arbitration over termination of an Asia-wide franchise. Won a ruling that the franchisor acted in bad faith and vindicated the franchisee’s development rights.
Helped a Japan company successfully settle a $100 million construction loan dispute.
Certified a class of disabled persons and helped them through settlement, to obtain withheld benefits from the State of Hawai`i.
Helped two clients obtain favorable settlements in multi-million dollar computer system/software installation disputes.
Successfully helped a client obtain a seven figure settlement in a professional contract dispute only weeks after receiving the case from another firm.
Assisted clients to close several multi-million dollar sales of loans and real property.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Hawai`i State Bar Association
- Business Law Section, Member
- University of Hawai`i, William S. Richardson School of Law, Honolulu, HI (J.D. cum laude, 1998)
- Production Editor, University of Hawaii Law Review, 1997-98
- Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT (B.A. 1990; Freeman Prize for Excellence in East Asian Studies)
- Osaka Bar Association Symposium presenter regarding proposed amendments to Japanese laws regarding discovery and U.S. style discovery, August 2010
- HSBA Seminar presenter: “Ethical Issues in E-Discovery,” April 2009
- The Japanese Written Word: A Unique Reader, by Glenn Melchinger and Helene Kasha, Kodansha International (Mar. 1999)
- For the Collective Benefit: Why Japan’s New Strict Product Liability Law is “Strictly Business,” 19 U. Haw. L. Rev. 879 (1997)
- Rush Moore Craven Sutton Morry & Beh
- Associate (1998-2000)
- Japanese (spoken and written)