Attorney, strategist, problem-solver. For Bill Byrns, the terms are intertwined. “My task is to develop timely, cost-effective solutions for my clients,” says Byrns, whose practice focuses on real estate and business. Whether those clients are seasoned developers, a hotel owner looking to sell, partners in a fledgling business, a condominium association board of directors, or first-time home buyers, Byrns focuses on finding the appropriate strategy for the person and the issue at hand.
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- The Best Lawyers in America©
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Business and Nonprofit Governance and Formation
- Corporate and Business
- Foreclosures and Receiverships
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Real Estate and Title Litigation
- Real Property Tax Appeals
- Commercial Leasing
- Land Use and Development
- Hotel sales Represented clients in the sale of several hotels
- Lease rent renegotiations Numerous rent renegotiations for lessors and lessees on commercial, industrial and residential property.
- Leased fee conversions Completion of numerous leased fee conversions for both lessors and lessees, including condominium associations.
- Foreclosures Representation of AOAOs and lenders in numerous foreclosure actions; serves as Court-appointed Commissioner.
- Condominiums Representation of developers, condominium associations, and boards of directors in the development, operation and administration of condominium projects.
- Commercial leasing Preparation of commercial leases for numerous lessors; review of leases for prospective lessees.
- Sale, acquisition and development of real estate
- Condominiums, cooperatives and subdivisions
- Real estate conveyancing
- Commercial leasing
- Real estate, construction and commercial lending
- Foreclosures and collections
- Lease rent renegotiations
- Litigation, arbitration and mediation
- Limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships
- Drafting and negotiating corporate and commercial contracts
- Drafting and negotiating employment agreements and independent contractor agreements
- Advising business clients on general business matters
- Sale and acquisition of businesses
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Real Property and Financial Services Section
- Collection Law Section
- Court-appointed commissioner for judicial foreclosures, First Circuit Court, State of Hawai`i
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rating
- Best Lawyers in America© (Real Estate, 2016-present)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii
- University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law (J.D.)
- University of California at Los Angeles (B.A. magna cum laude, Economics)